Inquiry Submission By Perrya G

Hi I hope someone can help answer my question. My husband is in Canada. His passport expired and reach the limit for renwal. He is currently a Permanent Resident and in the process of applying for his Citizenship. But a certain situation arias back home(Cambodia) that he really need to attend. Problem is he cannot go there with an expired passport. So what can he do? Speeding up the application process for his citizenship is not gonna work because he has to undergo a citizenship test and he can’t even focus on his study well because of the situation. Is there no documents he can apply to in order for him to go to Cambodia? We are so stress out about this problem. I hope someone can help us.