Inquiry Submission By myteacher_cambodia

So I am a US citizen and have a US Passport. I plan on getting an E business visa when I arrive at the airport and extending it to another E class visa for either 6 months or one year. My travel companion is from the Philippines and can enter under the visa free travel program for ASEAN. Is it possible to convert this free entry into a E business visa as well on or about her free entry expiration?